Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who is the First and Best of Beings?

Vince has been asking the kids and me these questions and we have been memorizing them along with Scripture proofs during our family worship time together.

"Who is the first and best of beings?" This is the first question in The Baptist Catechism of 1689 which is a slightly altered version of the reformed Westminster Catechism. Hopefully, this question is easy for my readers to answer. The formal answer with Scripture is:

"God is the first and best of beings."

Is. 44:6 "Thus sat the Lord, the king of Israel and His Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: I am the first and I am the last and beside me there is no god."

Ps. 97:9 " For you, O Lord, are most high over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods."

Other good ones are Ps. 8:1 and Ps. 96:4

I like to attempt to answer the questions on my own then see how my answers compare to the given answers and their Scripture proofs. This helps me correct any false thought patterns that I may have going on in my head. Here is the next question:

What is man chief end?

Try answering it then head to this link to find the answer- http://www.desiringgod.org/about/our-distinctives/our-beliefs/a-baptist-catechism

No comments:

Post a Comment