Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Follow Your Heart?

Follow your heart.

Have you ever received this advice? This is probably the most frequent and WORST advice ever given!

One of my favorite statements in the movie Fireproof, one made by Caleb's friend at work, was that we should not be led by our heart, but rather we should LEAD our heart.

Don't listen to me or an actor in a movie. What does God say?

Jer 17:9
"The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], And desperately wicked; Who can know it?"

According to God, we must not be led by the feelings of our hearts. Our hearts are wicked and WILL lead us astray. If you feel that you are on a road to nowhere, and you never make any ground toward your dreams and goals, perhaps it is because you are following your heart.

Let us try instead to follow God's heart which is perfect and true.

1 comment:

  1. Very true Mrs. Smith!
    I love the movie Fireproof! And I think this advice, 'follow your heart' is partly why so many young adults go wrong. THe world says 'follow heart and dream!' We are all human and if we follow our human hearts and dreams well, we would be in a world of trouble! Wonderful post! And I really like your blog! I will put you on my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete