Monday, February 7, 2011

Publix 2/7/11



I am trying to do more couponing at Publix. A couple of things I have learned that I love about Publix:

~Buy One, Get One deals can be broken up, meaning the registers will ring one item at half price. That way if you only have one coupon you can get a maximum deal.

~Publix accepts grocery store coupons within a 5 mile radius of the store. It is particularly good to find one that is near a Target. Target has good coupons that Publix will accept. (This means the new PC location will be limited unless we get a Target soon.)

~Publix doubles coupons that are .50 or less.

Visit here to get there coupon policies.

Armed with this information I had a good start, and here is what I got today for $4.31...
1 Apple Juice,
4 sour creams,
1 Planters Peanuts
1 32oz jar of pickles,
4 Rotel Tomatoes.

It is only a few items, but I saved around 75%. To do this effectively you have to have self-control by resisting the temptation to pick up a few non-deals for convenience. Everything else there is over-priced, so it is no big deal to get back into the car and drive down the road to Aldi where I can get the rest of my groceries at rock bottom prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment